So this is it. Two home games left for the Portland Timbers’ inaugural Major League Soccer season, and we want to use the opportunity to thank readers of our blog and Facebook and Twitter friends by doing a totally random drawing.
We’re giving away two tickets to the Timbers match Wednesday, September 21, 2011, 7.30 pm at Jeld-Wen field.
The rules are pretty simple.
1. You have to like us on Facebook at our law firm Facebook page; and
2. You have to send us an email using the contact information from this web page or the Facebook page to let us know you’re in.
Deadline: You have to have hit the like button on Facebook, and we have to receive your email by Tues. Sept. 20, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific. We’ll conduct the drawing and announce the winners between noon and 1:00 pm Tuesday and make arrangements to get tickets to the lucky winner before the Wednesday match.
1. There’s a catch, right? No. Someone will get the tickets.
2. Who are the Timbers? (aka the @AmyDerby question) This is definitely not for you. Last match–Friday night–against New England was awesome. There are only two more home matches this season, and there aren’t a lot of spare tickets out there. They’re in the playoff hunt, and Portland loves the Timbers.
3. These are dawg seats? Seriously? It’s the Timbers at Jeld-Wen, which means there are no bad seats. And by the way, these are club level, Section C5, Row I. There is a separate entrance for KeyBank club ticket holders, a roof in case of rain, and–if that’s not enough–free food, including Voodoo doughnuts at the end of the match.
4. And you’re doing this because? Good question. I would blame it on the kids in the social media department, but we have no social media department. Truth is that I can’t make the game. We wanted to do something for people who read our blog and follow us using social media.
#RCTID. Good luck to all!